Are you having a bad time after a breakup? The author made many mistakes after breaking up and so did her friends. She though; there has to be a guide for this horrible phase and created Bitches, Move On. It delivers a unique perspective on the art of letting go. This manual reveals how to get over it fast and focuses on having the last laugh. The author provides tips, advice, real life scenarios, quotes, and more… She answers all the concerns women have after ending a relationship. Avoid making common errors and rise above the occasion. Buy the book on amazon now: Bitches, Move on: Get over the Breakup & Have the Last Laugh You wont regret it!!
After working on your confidence level and overall happiness, you decided that you want the World to know the new and improved you. Here is a list that will help you unleash the fabulous Diva within:
- Wear flattering clothes for your body shape. I remember that someone once made a remark to me about looking good in everything I chose. I remembered thinking; the trick is wearing clothing that flatters your body shape.
- Wear brighter colors. Don’t be dull and chose bolder colors. The point is broadcasting to the World that you are here.
- Demand attention by been your authentic, confident self. Your choice in clothing its part of making first impressions so, make sure you look the part. At least most of the time. Also, it does not mean that it has to be the most expensive clothing or the latest trend. Just make sure is eye catching, edgy or hip.
- Wear heels, even if they are a few inches more.
- Get a trendy hair do, color or add volume by wearing extensions and hair weave.
- Change career; get a job that you love, even if it means going back to school. It will make you happier and bring out the fabulous diva in you.
- Get out and hang out with friends and family. Go out for drinks, coffee, lunch, brunch, dinner, beach, parties, gatherings, plays, movies, mall etc. The key is enjoying yourself and others.
- Go on amazing vacations when possible.
- Speak your mind when necessary. There is nothing shy about been fabulous. Speak up on subjects that matter to you.
- Make your home look the part. The décor should be updated, trendy or elegant. Let it represent your personality and make a statement about your fabulousness on its own.
- Workout; your weight has little to do with been fabulous. However, working out will have you looking great and healthy making you feel even better. It will manifest by increasing your confidence level.
- Do not let anyone define you and beat the odds. Others may seek for flaws or want to remind you of past mistakes. Keep that chin up and continue to improve and move forward. Just because you are not considered perfect, it does not mean that you should remain stuck or not aim for bigger and better roles. So, go ahead and be that fabulous, amazing diva that you already are.
So, you are going to a breakup and feel like your World is tumbling down. Well, in a way you are right. Part of your World is not the same. You are no longer in a partnership or relationship. You may have a broken heart or miss your partner terribly. Just know that feeling beat up during a breakup is totally normal but, do not use it as an excuse to indulge in self destructive behavior. Below I have added a list of a list of what not to do after the breakup:
Do not indulge in binge drinking. If you have a serious alcohol problem then I suggest that you seek professional help. On another note, going out with your friends for a few cocktails is okay. However, keep an eye on how much you drink. You don’t want to end up drunk, texting or calling your ex to later regret the things that you say to him or the way he responds to you. ‘
Do not beg to get back in to the relationship after it has been established that he/she does not wish to be with you. Have dignity and don’t lose it over someone that does not appreciate your love, company etc. Instead, spend time and nourish your relationships with your friends and family.
Do not contact your ex. Especially if you are the one making the initial contact. You need space in order to let go of the past and staying in contact daily only interferes with the process of letting go.
Seek Revenge: Resist the urge to break his car windows or get him beat up. Your actions will speak to others and you may end up involved in a legal issue.
Do not Be just friends: yes, staying friends is nice and all but refused the urge to be just friends when the break up is fresh. It hardly ever works out because strong emotions will still exist. If not from your part, it maybe from his.
Do not sleep with your ex: Resist the urge, again is a way to interfere with the breakup process. If you still have feelings for him. He may end up just using you for the sex or vice versa; you may have no intention of staying with him and end up hurting him further.
Jump into another relationship right away: Do not walk in to another relationship after the breakup. Not all rebound relationships end badly but, most of them do. Besides, you don’t want to bring a third party in to the picture. Let’s face it, at this time you are probably more sensitive than and not as cool as you should be. Chances are that some of your unresolved emotions will affect the new relationship negatively.
Do not make drastic changes, such as cutting all your hair off or getting a permanent tattoo. At this time you may be dealing with extreme emotions and your judgment maybe a bit impaired. So, don’t make drastic decisions that you may regret later on. I remember cutting off my long mane after divorce to regret it forever because my hair took such a long time to grow back. He totally did not deserve that I acted on my impulse. In the end I was the affected party.
Don’t go public: Resist the urge to post your problems or seek revenge on social media. You are sensitive and this moment and may end up hating yourself on the long run for posting yours or his private life online. I seen a girl post everything about her relationship and even disclosed that he had been cheating with her friend to later get back with her ex. Yes, we should not care what others think but, I am sure that everyone on your friends list does not deserve to know every detail of your love life.
Life is not all color rose, trust me I know. If I sat here and told you about everything that I had to endure in my life, you would be amazed. However tempting it maybe I am going to resist the urge to tell you my story at this very moment but; there is one thing I can tell you. If you woke up today to see this very new day then your life is not done. You have to continue moving forward. At times we may even go as far as wishing it over but, you must stop those negative thoughts on track.
If you fell simply, get back up. I know you may think that it is easier said than done. However, tedious it may seem. Take it one step at a time and triumph over the misery. Light beats darkness anytime. So like the sun, rise and shine every new day.
“Everyone is born with a loaf of bread under their arm” it is a popular Spanish saying. It means that God has provided the necessary tools for you to earn a living and whether you like to admit it or not is true. Ever met a child with an amazing talent or skill? Well, that’s an innate trait they might have been born with. How about you? Your talent or skill may not be that clear at times but it does not mean that it is not there.. In fact your loaf of bread may help you discover or at least guide you in to your life’s calling. Yes, it is tied to the vocation that you choose. It is a way to service the World. Below I have added some questions that will help you get closer to you life’s calling.
- What are your strengths?
- What you like to do? etc..
- What you wanted to do when you grew up?
- What is your dream job?
- What hobbies and activities do you do for fun?
- What books and magazines do you read?
Think and you will tap in to the knowledge and once you find it it. Do not discard it. Pursue it and who knows you may just find your life’s calling. It’s worth it, you will feel fulfilled. Oprah said “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.”
I had been feeling miserable lately but not any more. Now you can see the difference in my attitude, behavior etc. I know you may wonder what made the change? Well, the first but most important step was that I truly took time to analyze the situation at hand and my feelings. I then realized that my 9-5 job was killing me softly not physically but spiritually. Nothing is wrong with my job but, it does not match my personality. I am a creative individual and was working in the administrative field. Now, I am not implying that you quit your day job. However, I am inviting you to feel better by taking the time to analyze, what ignites your fire? and to pursue it. So you too can be happy!!!